– Low fat and calories, high in fibre and packed with antioxidant which protects the human body.
– Help to fight against cholesterol
-Fibre regulate digestion, reduce risk of cardiovascular disease
-Contain vitamin C
-Good source of manganese, iodine, potassium and folate
Health benefits of Manganese:
Some of the health benefits of manganese include its contribution to healthy bone structure, bone metabolism, and helping to create essential enzymes for building bones.
The symptoms of manganese deficiency include high blood pressure, heart ailments, muscular contraction, bone malformation, high cholesterol, poor eyesight, hearing trouble, severe memory loss, shivers, and tremors.
In some cases, calcium and iron are believed to interfere with the appropriate use of manganese in the human body. Eye problems, sweating, fast heartbeats, weakness, and severe cramps may be some of the deficiency symptoms.
Health benefits of Iodine:
Iodine is an important nutrient for thyroid functioning.
Too much iodine or too little iodine can lead to symptoms of hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism.
Good sources of iodine are seaweed and iodized salt.
Deficiency of Iodine:
A low intake of iodine can lead to an increased output of thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH).
Apart hypothyroidism can have the following symptoms:
fatigue, depression, hair weakness and hair loss, dry skin, weight gain, cold intolerance and constipation
Too much of Iodine:
At very high levels, iodine poisoning can cause:
burning of the mouth, throat, and stomach
abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and diahrea
Health benefits of Potassium:
Low potassium intakes have been linked time and again with high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease.
Bone and muscle maintenance
Potassium is important for a person’s muscles to work effectively, including the heart. Potassium also has a role in regulating blood pressure.
Deficiency of Potassium:
Low potassium levels (hypokalaemia) can cause weakness as cellular processes are affected.
The kidney is the main organ that controls the balance of potassium by removing excess potassium into the urine.
Dehydration, diarrhoea, excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) and laxative abuse are common causes of low potassium levels. It may also be caused by a lack of potassium in the diet; however, this is uncommon.
Health benefits of Folate:
1. Avoid Anemia: Folic acid deficiency has a strong connection to anemia, which is due to a lack of red blood cells. Weakness, tiredness, and forgetfulness are all symptoms of anemia.
2. Treat Depression: Folate and vitamin B12 are necessary for a healthy brain, and patients with depression or anxiety are often deficient in these nutrients.
3. Boost Immunity: Increased amounts of dietary and supplemental folate can improve immune system function, especially in seniors. The vitamin is known to increase T cells, lymphocytes important in immune response.
4. Prevent Heart Disease: A low intake of folate increases your risk for high homocysteine levels and cardiovascular disease, which may also lead to Parkinson’s disease. Folate can prevent the buildup of homocysteine and maintain healthy blood circulation.
5. Soothe Skin Problems: Vitamin B12 and folate are both often used as treatment in people with severe acne. Folate is also known to prevent skin cancer, improve skin firmness, and give the skin a healthy and natural appearance.
What does it contain? Contains vitamins, minerals, water, protein, nutritional fibre and fat. Colours= means different antioxidants. Fruits contain a lot of sugar (fructose) and grapes contain (glucose). Gives energy when needed. It doesn’t require a […]
Health Benefits: – High quality Protein, Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Vitamin A, D and B12 – Calcium: Healthy bone and teeth, muscle contraction, normal blood clotting and nervous system. Calcium plays a protective role […]
The avocado is a rather unique type of fruit. Most fruit consists primarily of carbohydrate, while avocado is high in healthy fats. Health Benefits: Avocado is Incredibly Nutritious Avocados are very nutritious and contain a […]