Aloe Vera is one well known plant for many years, for so many different reasons.
Aloe Vera gel is often use for skin condition, including,burns, sunburn, frostbite, psoriasis and cold sores. It is also used for treating osteoarthritis, bowel diseases, itching and inflammation.
Aloe vera is rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids and enzymes. It provides 20 out of 22 human required amino acids and 8 out of 8 essential amino acids. All of this content is essential for proper growth and function of our body system.
- It contains antioxidant, folic acids and vitamins such as vitamin A, B12, C and E.
- Aloe vera contains 8 enzymes: aliiase, alkaline phosphatase, amylase, carboxypeptidase, catalase, cellulase, lipase and peroxidase.
- It is a great source of minerals: calcium, copper, selenium,chromium, manganese, magnesium, potassium, sodium and zinc.
- Aloe Vera contains 12 anthraquinones: aloe emodin, aloetic acid, aloin, antracin, antranol, barbaloin, chrysophanic acid, emodin, ethereal oil, cinnamonic acid ester, isobarbaloin and resistannol. These 12 anthraquinone are found only in aloe vera juice. They promote the functioning of the digestive system. They have antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties.
- It contains 2 hormones: Auxin and Gibberellin. They help healing and preventing inflammation and infection.
The health benefits of aloe vera are numerous, starting with improving the digestive system. It boosts and strengthens the immune system, delays the ageing process, reduce arthritis pain and heals wound. It also helps nausea, eliminates ulcers, lower blood sugar level, prevent diabetes, reduce oxidative stress and inhibits cancerous growth. It also lowers cholesterol, and triglycerides, improves cardiovascular function, alleviates joint and muscle pain and cures gum diseases .